Thursday, April 3, 2014

Ileana Hunter

Amy Lee Ultra Minimal Portrait by IleanaHunter

Illeana Hunter is a British illustrator. I came across her work and actually wasn't very impressed with her works. I feel like she has a lot of potential with her skills, but I don't really see a lot of artistic or creative talent with a lot of her pieces. I see it as basically just being able to draw well, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are creative. She can clearly draw celebrities faces very well, but to me it just seems kind of boring and it lacks creativity.

Lady Gaga Minimal Portrait by IleanaHunter
It's interesting how she chooses to omit details and leave the skin pretty white, and basically gives the most attention to the eyes and lips. I don't really think this is a bad idea but on some of her works, it actually looks sort of incomplete. 


Emilia Clarke Commission - detail by IleanaHunterLady Gaga Commission by IleanaHunter

It kind of makes me wonder if she really wants it to look this way, or she thought it looked kind of neat to look incomplete or was too lazy(?) to do anything with the skin. I just don't really see the "art" in her works- it's drawing from a photo without adding any of your own ideas. 

Lana by IleanaHunter


A lot of her works just seem like they were made for other people, not for herself. As in, for popularity, like to attract other people to look at her works simply because they recognize these people she draws. Even though I don't like most of her works, she clearly has some creativity because of a few of her pieces are not celebrity-based and these are the only works of her's I actually like.

Fragments by IleanaHunterLearn to Fly by IleanaHunter

http://ileanahunter.deviantart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment