Monday, April 21, 2014

Adrian Arleo


Adrian Arleo is a sculptor who creates these very interesting sculptures of figures and animals. I actually found this artist back in high school when I was in my AP 3D Design class and had to email and artist and ask them questions about their work, so I emailed her and received a response. Her work is incredibly beautiful and strange. She is probably one of my favorite sculptors.


I really love her work with hands. I really love the idea of hands and what they can portray in a piece of art and she makes it very interesting. There's a lot of repetition in these works and I think it works very well with each piece. I don't think they would be quite as powerful or hold the same kind of meaning if there wasn't repetition or less of it.



She also combines nature with the figure a lot. She does this is a subtle way, even with the creepy human/bird sculpture. She left most of the body bird-like but only incorporated the human parts in a few places, leaving it both recognizable as a bird and a human.
 


http://adrianarleo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment