Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Eadweard Muybridge/3 artists who work with time



Gerhard Richter


He uses this method of blurring photographs to create the sense of time passing- like the subject themselves were moving while the photograph was taken. I think this is actually really interesting- although the way he executes it isn't exactly the way I would do it, I like the general idea and I may use this technique in my project.



Salvador Dali

He uses time in his work in almost a literal sense- he displays the passage of time as clocks melt and deform- like changing time or distorting it. His works are very surreal which I think make a good way to display time since time isn't really something you can physically see or feel and only really exists to humans.




Pieter Claesz's

I think he displays time in a slightly non-direct manner. He shows these aged objects along with new ones. The skull and melted candle sort of show the passage of time in the form of decaying or dying. If this was a real scene, you would know that time had passed simply because of the candle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment