Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Ryohei Hase


Ryohei Hase is a Japanese digital illustrator. His way of describing his works is, "My theme of paintings is to express the darkness of mind which is sad and gloomy but at the same time, it's beautiful and strong." I think this is worded pretty well and seems accurate from the way his pieces look. I think the way he describes this is quite beautiful, because I also find it to be very true.


He adds enormous amounts of detail to his works. When I first saw this painting, I didn't see all the little things at first. But the closer you look, the more details you start finding and it's really fascinating how as you discover these little things, it creates a different feeling in the piece.

Detail:


Suddenly Appeared Out of Nowhere by Ryohei-Hase
I really love how he uses color in his pieces. Especially like the one above. It's a very dark and sad looking image, but the colors make it very beautiful and delicate-looking. It changes that feeling from not just dark, but also inspiring. Though this piece would still look very good without all the colors, it gives a different tone to the viewer when there is this strange combination and abundance of colors. I also really enjoy the moment in this piece- the skeleton and the person seem to be moving different directions, and you are just viewing their short involvement with each other in possibly this small, split-second moment. 

TAYUTAU by Ryohei-Hase

Loss of Speech Stage by Ryohei-Hase

His only wish was to touch by Ryohei-Hase

http://ryoheihase.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment