Friday, March 21, 2014

Tommy Richardsen



Tommy Richardsen is a Norwegian photographer who focuses mostly on shooting the northern lights in Norway. I've always loved this strange phenomenon and it's really beautiful the way he captures the lights, along with the landscape beneath it. I've always wanted to see the aurora borealis, and his photos just get me more excited over them and I hope that one day I will be able to experience this event. 

We are small by Trichardsen

The way he frames many of his photos is perfect. As much as I love the stars and the sky, it sometimes almost seems like nothing if it's the only subject in the photo. It also creates this intensity of how large the sky is and how small we are down on earth. It's insane how he is able to capture these photos, and with such realistic and vivid colors. I'm sure it's possible that Photoshop has been used, but even then, it still looks real.

Ominous by Trichardsen

Contact by Trichardsen

Number 2 by Trichardsen

Arctic Night by Trichardsen

In some of his photos, it almost looks like a view of the sky from another planet. It looks real, but just incredibly beautiful that it's hard to believe it happens here on earth. 

    He also shoots not just the northern lights, but also amazing shots of the night sky and the milky way.

Breathe by TrichardsenLike a song by TrichardsenThe Northern Way by Trichardsen

I've only seen the milky way once, and I was really fascinated by how many stars you could see with just the naked eye. It was really amazing since here in Boise there's too much light pollution to be able to see many stars. You have to travel pretty far out to actually be able to see the milky way, which I never had the chance to do until last summer when I traveled out to West Virginia. It's just so awesome how many stars and planets that are out there that you can see just from this little planet in a sea of millions of other solar systems and galaxies.

Reach For The Stars by Trichardsen

Up to the mountain by Trichardsen

Starshower by Trichardsen

http://www.trichardsen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment